On Monday, March 20, we sprang into Spring, and like most Jamaicans, I welcome the pending warm weather, especially now that we will be getting home while the sun is still out. Spring is the season of new life and growth, when we get to ditch our layers, dress more comfortably, and look forward to many outdoor activities.
In celebrating Spring, we can appreciate the signs of Spring, including:
· Longer daylight hours
· The chance to do more outside
· The leaves returning to the trees
· Flowers begin to bloom, and the gardening season kick off
This Spring, UJAA Alumni Associations have returned to the fundraising space, and several are hosting events, namely:
- Rosemount, Bingo – April 8
- Edwin Allen, Dinner Dance – April 10
- Excelsior, Bingo Party – April 15
- Meadowbrook, Dinner Dance – April 15
- Team Jamaica Bickle, Luncheon – April 16
- UJAA, Bus Ride to Penns Relay – April 29
- Merl Grove, Virtual Tea Party – May 21
- OFANA, Annual General Meeting – May 27
So, while we celebrate the return of warm weather with these longer days, we should take the time to support our fellow Alumni Associations this Spring. The chief benefit of being a UJAA member is the endless opportunities to network and learn from what the other Alumni Associations are doing. When we attend each other’s events, we help the host school’s fundraising efforts, build relationships, and increase our social calendars.
As we spring into Spring, let us reach out to a fellow Alumni Association and spring for a ticket to support their fundraiser.
UJAA Recording Secretary
EDUCATION IS EMPOWERMENT, ONLY THE EDUCATED ARE FREE