Planned Giving

Make a lasting impact with Planned Gifts which are an essential part of ensuring the Union of Jamaican Alumni Associations (USA) programs continue on . There are many ways in which you can incorporate UJAA into your estate planning. UJAA will accept bequests, annuities, trusts and anything else you may want to give as a lasting gift in perpetuity.

There are many ways to structure planned gifts. UJAA suggests that you speak with your financial advisor or estate planner to determine the structure that is most effective for you. But know that through your gifts, you may also find you can improve your own financial well-being and that of loved ones.

Thank you for your continued and loyal support! UJAA remains grateful for any type of gift that you may be inspired to give.


A bequest is generally a revocable gift, which means it can be changed or modified at any time. You can designate that a bequest to UJAA  be used for a general or a specific purpose. Bequests are exempt from federal estate taxes. If you have a taxable estate, the estate tax charitable deduction may offset or eliminate estate taxes, resulting in a larger inheritance for your heirs.

Bequests may be given as:

Specific Bequest: A specific bequest involves making a gift of a specific asset such as real estate, a car, other property or a gift for a specific dollar amount.

Percentage Bequest: Another kind of specific bequest involves leaving a specific percentage of your overall estate to charity.

Residual Bequest: A residual bequest is made from the balance of an estate after the will or trust has given away each of the specific bequests.

Contingent Bequest: A contingent bequest is made to charity only if the purpose of the primary bequest cannot be met.


Retirement Plans and Life Insurance

You can name the Union of Jamaican Alumni Associations (USA) Inc as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan including an IRA, 401(k), or 403(b) as a partial, whole, or contingent beneficiary.

Complete a beneficiary designation form with your insurance policy provider or with the administrator of your retirement plan. Both can be done at no cost.